Community

Navigating the health care landscape can be daunting. Our experts share their insights—and their views—on today’s most pressing health care topics, from advanced-care planning to the cost of health care—and what you need to know about those hospital quality rankings.

One step at a time

Want to make a big impact on your health? Sit less and move more. Even a small amount of daily physical activity can make a difference.

‘I never knew I liked cauliflower’

A creative cooking class whips up family-friendly, healthy meal ideas for kids and parents.

‘Everybody here is a miracle’

Transplant Games of America brings transplant recipients together to celebrate life.

‘A small but meaningful act’

With fewer blood donations made during the travel season, summer is an important time to donate.

Thinking about a 5K? Think strategy

For the novice or the returning runner, these five tips can get you closer to your race goals.

Patient Story

A boatload of fun

Santa makes a splash as he brings Christmas in July to little ones spending summer days in the children's hospital.

Patient Story

‘Incredibly important’

With the COVID-19 vaccine approved for ages 6 months and older, a Michigan mom is finally able to get her young children vaccinated.

‘It is a full-time job’

For Ricardo Vail, the successes of parenting have been bolstered by connecting with a Strong Beginnings project for dads.

9 tips for water safety

Lakes, ponds and swimming pools are the best part of summer. Here's how to make a splash with precautions top of mind.

Patient Story

‘I can take on the world now’

Gender-affirming surgery gives Jameson 'Jay' Dunn renewed confidence as he sets out for a bright, new future.

Patient Story

‘We’re here for you’

United in their battle against breast cancer, two Reed City friends are sharing their stories with others to offer hope and inspiration.

A race for camaraderie

Care providers and community members join Fox Trot 5K to promote fitness and foster connections.